Monday, May 28, 2012

The Drawing Lab - Exercise 1

Last week I bought this awesome book by Carla Sonheim, The Drawing Lab for Mixed-Media Artists.
In it are 52 detailed exercises to inspire you to create a variety of different subjects in different media.

At the weekend I did Exercise 1 - Draw Cats in Bed. Essentially I had to draw about 30 cats from my imagination in pen, then pick two to render in different ways.

Here are my load of cats:

















I picked two that I liked the best (quite difficult in a selection that bad!) and did them in Prismacolor pencils and watercolours. I have never used watercolours before and I had NO IDEA what I was doing. It shows! (They are like kids' drawings!)

















A fun way to put together a couple of different drawings. I really enjoyed it and look forward to doing more from this book!!


No comments: