Well, I just wasn't feeling it this weekend just gone. I tried to force myself to do some art, and what came out didn't please me in the slightest but I thought I'd post it here so that when I do something good I can look back and see the progression!
First up - an acrylic ACEO of a bee on a flower.
It took me aaages to do the petals on the flower because in the original photo the flower was yellow, and I felt I needed to change it or the picture would be far too yellow and the bee wouldn't stand out.
The bee itself was difficult. I couldn't get him looking fuzzy no matter how small a brush I used. And his eyes - well they just look awful. Absolutely awful!
I think I'll be going back over this one seeing if I can improve on it.
Secondly - Tony Soprano.
Bit more promising this one. And inspired by watching 7 hours of The Sopranos straight!
I've definately got the bottom half of his face right, just something about the eyes isn't quite there... More work needed I think.
So all in all, not that great a weekend. I think it is blatantly clear that my acrylic painting in miniature needs a hell of a lot of work, and my portraits of famous people do too.